Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cathedral Window Dessert








Date: January 6, 2013 Time: 1:17am

Anyway before starting up everything, I would like to say thanks to this Blogger where I got the ingredients and instruction. And will also share to you again the ingredients with photo's so you'll have ideas and all that. This dessert is very cheap and affordable to make for birthdays, new years eve celebration, parties you name it this will suit so try for yourself. I think I paid more or less than 400 pesos or $10, not including the things I need. It's really a cheap!

So let's start with a little bit of story......

Actually I am trying to make this supposedly on my birthday but sad to say I didn't but I finally made the Cathedral Window Dessert. It's my husband's birthday tomorrow so I am preparing him a little bit of celebration. Then I realize to make this dessert so I searched online write down all the ingredients I need, gather some materials as needed, bought the Ingredients and all that, finally it comes to an end. I never tried it yet because it still on the fridge but some says this dessert taste like ice cream, will find out!

So lets start with the things you need, then ingredients and the instructions.


Things you need: (if you already have these things then you're set)

-molder for the colored gelatin (any square plastic will do) dimensions in inches 4x4, depth 2 1/2 inches
-rectangular plastic (any rectangular plastic wares) Dimensions in inches 2.5x9.5x6.5
-can opener
-mixing bowl
-spatula or serving spoon for mixing
-knife
-measuring cup

Ingredients:

Ingredients & Procedures are Credit from: Blogger
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



* 1 box Alsa unflavored gelatin (red)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups Sprite

** 1 box Alsa unflavored gelatin (green)
1/4 cup sugar
3-5 pcs. Pandan leaves
2 cups water (to boil the leaves in, and about 1 1/2 cup to mold the gelatin in)

*** 1 box Alsa unflavored gelatin (orange)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice

Creamy gelatin:
4 packets of Knox unflavored gelatin
2 cans Nestle Cream (383 gms/can) or 6 Tetra Packs of Nestle Cream
1 can Condensed Milk (the 1-cup size)
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)



Condense Milk, Cream, Gelatin (unflavored), I forgot to take picture of the colored gelatin (sorry!)
Knox Gelatin powder unflavored


Procedure:

* Dissolve sugar and unflavored gelatin in Sprite on a pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Mold. Cut into cubes later.

** Boil the pandan leaves in water until flavor has set in. Remove leaves and add the sugar and unflavored gelatin, stirring constantly. Bring to a
boil and mold. Cube later.

*** Dissolve gelatin and sugar in pineapple juice. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Mold and cube later.

Combine Nestle Cream and Condensed Milk in a bowl. Add vanilla. Mix really well. 

In a cup, pour the contents of the Knox envelopes. Add SOME boiling water, ENOUGH to dissolve the gelatin. When everything's dissolved, pour the Knox gelatin into the milk-and-cream batter. Mix well. Add in the cubed flavored gelatin. Mix again and then mold for 8 hours in the fridge.




after removing from the molder



slicing into small cubes



sliced into cubes. as you noticed that I dont have the color orange gelatin is because I couldn't find one
so instead I bought the Jello flavored grapes gelatin.



Knox Gelatin

after mixing all together and ready to refrigerate for overnight








So guys! I will update you later how my Cathedral window dessert taste like. Thank you for dropping by and have a great day!




---------------------------------------------------
Updated February 6, 2013, 10:51PM


Hi guys! been waiting to taste this dessert and finally I did. It is sooo yumm. Taste like ice cream from the Cream and vanilla flavor.


removed from the molding


sliced of Cathedral Window ;)







2 comments:

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for dropping by. If you want us to follow each other just let me know.

~iloveeverythingaboutit